Director, St. Andrew Preschool
We’re looking for a joyful, energetic people person to step in as Director of our preschool. To be successful in this role you will need to be visionary, proactive, collaborative, and entrepreneurial in your leadership style. You will help our kids to thrive in a play-based learning environment and lead a group of highly-functioning teachers. We need a leader who can fire the imaginations of children, parents, staff, and colleagues. We hope to work with someone who is fun and wants to be an integral part of our community.
St. Andrew United Methodist Church seeks a Director for our faith-based, vibrant, challenging Preschool in which children, families, and staff are engaged and valued. The Director supervises 30 staff members who work as a strong, supportive, and tight-knit community to provide child-centered, play based education. S/he will also be part of a team collaborating across the ministries of the church to support one another’s work and advance the church’s mission: we inspire spiritual growth by loving our neighbors and serving the common good. The Preschool is an important part of a larger church body dedicated to progressive theology, inclusivity, community, and outreach.
St. Andrew UMC is an inclusive, theologically progressive church seeking to grow spiritually by loving our neighbors and serving the common good. The Preschool Director works with the Assistant Director to lead the operations of the Preschool while working collaboratively as one of 12 ministry area Directors to advance the church’s mission. This is a high-energy, team-oriented position in which you’ll work with a committed group of delightful people. Learn more about the preschool by visiting their website.
Areas of Responsibility
- Coordinate, plan, and schedule annual calendar and Preschool functions including school year program, before and after care, summer camp, enrollment, family engagement opportunities, and special events. Notify St. Andrew UMC, Preschool staff, and parents of cancellations due to weather or emergency.
- Hire, train, and supervise Preschool staff. Administer screening process for all staff and volunteers. Maintain proper records on staff and students as per state and local regulations, licensing requirements, and quality standards.
- Supervise and collaborate with Assistant Director.
- Work with Executive Pastor to recruit and orient Preschool Board members, who provide support and accountability for the program.
- Attend Preschool Board meetings, reporting on successes, challenges, and progress within the Preschool Program and enlisting assistance and support from Board members as necessary.
- Create mechanisms for constant creativity and quality improvement within the Preschool program.
- Function as a Ministry Area Director within St. Andrew, integrating the Preschool with the church’s ministry, values, vision, and mission. This will involve attending and contributing to weekly Directors meetings and quarterly offsite retreats.
- Participate in St. Andrew’s AIM (All in Ministry) program by opening meaningful service opportunities within the Preschool to St. Andrew laity (subject to appropriate training and background check).
- Function as liaison between the church congregation and the Preschool.
- Working with Assistant Director, maintain current licensing requirements with the Colorado State Department of Social Services as well as standards set by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and Colorado Shines.
- Communicate with staff and parents via handbooks, e-news, social media, emails, fliers and phone.
- Working with the Preschool Board and Church Finance Committee, lead the preparation and management of the annual Preschool Budget and provide information for audits as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field (education management, education, etc.)
- Director qualification in the State of Colorado, or can be Director qualified in Colorado within six months of taking the position
- 5 years of experience preferred in faith-based Preschools, with demonstrated history of successfully growing a vital, play-based Preschool with strong family engagement
Salary range is dependent on experience. In addition to salary, we offer medical and dental insurance.
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Type of Job
How to Apply
Please send your resume to Stacie Wheelis
St. Andrew UMC is an equal opportunity employer.