aka Charles Wesley Choir
Core choir members
- Willing/able to come most Wednesdays and Sundays. (Late August through Early June)
- Come prepared on music ahead of time with the tracks that are provided.
- CORE choir members participate in the Festival Choir that prepares seasonal music usually at Christmas, Easter and special concerts.
- If you are a member of the St. Andrew Sisters or Men of Note you are expected to be a CORE choir member
Core Members are provided
- Choir robe and slot
- Assigned music always updated and put in the choir slot
- Black Folder designed for choral music
- Opportunities for special music projects
What: A short-term choir experience for one month in the fall
Who: Anyone who is currently in the choir. People that love to sing and want to be a part of a choir.
- Offer your voice for worship services for one month.
- To give options for a short-term choral experience as choir is rebuilding after a long pandemic
- To encourage new people to do the choir with a reasonable schedule
Every song will offer professional rehearsal tracks. These part tracks will sing your voice part predominantly while hearing the other parts as well. This allows you to be more comfortable with the music for both rehearsals and church services.
Each group will have limited number of rehearsals during the month they are active. On the Sunday’s the group is assigned to sing they will sing both the 9:00 and 10:30 am worship services. Meeting at 8 am.
The choir wears robes most Sundays. There will be certain Sundays that the choir will not wear robes and other instructions will be given on what to wear. Choir members are assigned a black folder for their music. We do ask that no scents, perfumes or scented lotions at rehearsal or Sunday mornings.
Each group has a limited amount of rehearsal time. In the event a person is sick, there is inclement weather or you are traveling the choir rehearsals will be offered on line. Rehearsal notes are also available for every piece. This includes where to breathe, directors observations of the piece and other details.
We offer special seating for those that do not feel comfortable in the loft. Plenty of space on the side near the organ console. If you have need a place to learn the music but need more space for health, mental or other reasons we offer you this option.
Christmas Festival Choir
Groups A, B and C are encouraged to do the Festival Choir rehearsals. The Festival Choir is open to all singers both in and outside of the church that would like to join us for a special Christmas Concert: Through the Eyes of Dickens. The Festival Choir and groups are asked to sing for the worship services in December including Christmas Eve.
There is a Monday Morning Newsletter for all singers. Each week we also offer a shorter e-mail on Thursday mornings talking about the upcoming weekend.
Rehearsals will be offered livestream on Wednesday evenings or you watch rehearsals at a later date on YouTube.