Good Grief offers peer support groups designed to encourage supportive connection for children and youth who are living with grief due to a family death, divorce, separation or other painful transition.
Goals for participants
• Encounter a supportive community where thoughts, questions and feelings about their loss can be safely explored
• Realize they are not alone; that others have experiences and feelings similar to their own
• Identify feelings and recognize how they come and go with time
• Learn helpful coping strategies and how to express feelings in healthy ways
• Move toward acceptance as inner strength and resilience are uncovered
Spring Session 2021
April 12 – May 17
5:30 – 7:00 pm
This six week program is offered twice a year to help support kids through family loss and transition. Peer support groups are formed to encourage emotional healing for children and youth who are experiencing grief from death, divorce or other difficult family transitions. Good Grief is offered at no cost and is open to the community.
St Andrew is a Rainbows for All Children site and our Good Grief program uses Rainbows curriculum.