Department: Technical Production
Job Title: Production Assistant
Reports to: Technical Production Director
Type of position: Hours 20 / week
Pay: $15.00 – $20.00 per hour
Reporting to the Technical Production Director, the Production Assistant will film and edit video content, upload videos to various social media platforms, support the Church’s audio visual needs, and perform various tasks that will serve to visually articulate the mission and vision of St. Andrew United Methodist Church.
• Collaborate with Technical Production Director and other Production Assistant(s) in producing excellent weekly worship service videos.
• Help design, film and edit other video projects and/or church events as needed.
• Upload and trouble shoot any issues with social media viewing platforms such as YouTube and Facebook.
1. Experience working with film/video cinematography camera positioning and recording.
2. Ability to color-correct footage from a variety of sources with different types of lighting.
3. Basic understanding of audio including EQ, compression, noise removal and final mix down.
4. Experience mixing audio in FCPX as well as audio DAW’s (Pro tools, Logic or Ableton Live).
5. Ability to organize large projects with a variety of elements delivered at different times over several weeks.
6. Ability to work on a deadline, including respecting and supporting others’ schedules.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Strong film editing skills, including extensive knowledge of Final Cut Pro (FCPX).
Strong skills based on the required experience.
Ability to edit remotely and use best practice for handling of files.
Two years of video production related education OR dynamic portfolio of work.
When necessary to film in person, we are taking every precaution from health screenings, masks, cleaning equipment, hand-washing and increased air flow.