We want YOU to be in our Silent Night choir for Christmas Eve!
Help us recreate the powerful experience of singing Silent Night with hundreds of others by joining our virtual choir. We’ll help you every step of the way.
The sheet music, tracks, recording instructions and upload link for your final video can be found here.
The fine print:
- Silent Night is four verses. We have an introduction, three verses, a short interlude, then the last verse. The fourth verse is up one step. We offer Soprano, Alto, Tenor and Bass tracks. For the melody, use the soprano track and sing in your own octave.
- You should practice—–don’t take for granted that you know “Silent Night”.
- Please wear a Christmassy outfit/shirt/tie!
- You are welcome to have a couple members of the family sing together in one recording. In this situation it would be best to have you all sing melody. Unless you are the Von Trappe family, then sing parts.
- Please record while holding a candle, if at all possible. Any candle you find at home is fine! If the candle is a deal breaker, have one in the background. If that is a deal breaker, then don’t worry about a candle.
- Make your background as simple as possible. With literally hundreds of people on the screen, we want to see faces.
- You can set up times at the church to record this if you would rather not deal with the technology. Normal times are Wednesday afternoons into the early part of the evening (Not Thanksgiving week) and Saturday mornings. (Not November 28) Other times on request. Just get in touch with Katie and we’ll get you ready to go.
- The deadline for this is Wednesday, December 9 at midnight. The engineers begin early on Thursday, December 10 working on it. No late videos will be accepted.
- Text, call, or email Katie with any questions (303) 946-5143